Can I register to vote in a different state?

As U.S. citizen living abroad, your voting address is usually your last residence address in the U.S.-- but if you have new or strong ties to another state, you may be able to vote there. It is up to the Local Election Official (LEO) to determine whether to accept your voter registration application. You can explain your situation to your Local Election Official (contact information here) and ask what their decision would be, or you can try to submit the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA)–which you can produce here–and see if it is accepted.